Sunday, November 18, 2012

Poem:Are you really my friend?

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

Assalaam-Alaikum!


Are you really my friend?

I sit with you all day …I spend all my time with you
I reach out to you when I am bored…or have nothing to do

I call you to have fun or just hang around
I call you when I need a shoulder….I call you when I am down

But are you really my friend? That's my question to you
Something you need to answer….if you are really true

Do you stop me from all evil and prevent me from all vice…
Or do you assist me in it with your immoral advice?

Do you take me to the Masjid and remind me it's time to pray…
Or do you say, 'You can pray later….it's perfectly okay'?

When we spend time together… are there angels in the room…
Or do we trespass limits where only devils dare to loom?

Is our talk filled with that which pleases the Most High…
Or is it that which angers Him….something sure to annoy?

Do you ask me to sin along with you….not leave you to sin alone?
Have I mastered through you the ways of sin? Has my evil grown?

If I start to backbite, do you stop me midway
Or do you add a word or two, adding spice to what I say

Do you encourage me….when I try to be good
Or do you make FUN of me….just as a Kaafir would?

When I walk with you in Hijaab….am I a source of embarrassment…
Or when I pray in public places, is that your predicament?

Do you remind me of the importance…of the Qur'aan and Sunnah?
Do you guide me to the Way of Success….Salvation…and Jannah?

Do we fast while others eat and drink…do we pray while others sleep…
Or are we the ones whose company no Pious would like to keep?

Have you taught me what I need to know…or have you pushed me away
From the very things that can save me on Judgment Day

When my deeds will be shown to me….when I see my final end
Will I then thank Allah for having you as a friend?

Will I curse you when it is time…to get up from my grave
"I wish I never met you!" ….Is that what I will rave?

"Oh woe to me! Had I not taken you as a friend!"
"What evil company…..to lead me to such an end!"

On the Day of Judgment….amid chaos, confusion and disgrace
You too, will run away from me….you too, will turn your face

Will I then know…..to my dismay….the bitter reality
Will I then realize ….that you are in fact my enemy?

If you really are my friend….if that's what you really say
Then you will care about my 'book'….the one I'll hold that Day

You will help me to fill it….with goodness and piety
And from sin and transgression….to keep it empty

You will aid me to do good…..advise me if am wrong
You will assist me in righteousness…You will make my Deen strong

You will not take offence if I enjoin what is good
And forbid what's evil…..That's the right of Brotherhood

And if, truly, for the sake of Allaah….we love one another
Under the shade of His Throne is where we will meet each other

I will then, thank you for your company, advice and good counsel
And the time we spent together…for all that I will be grateful

Then, if I were to enter Heaven I would look for you and ask…
"Where is my companion….my true friend of the past?

In Jannah we will abide…there we will be together
For…you were MY TRUE FRIEND….for ever and ever.





"And keep yourself patiently with those who call on their Lord morning and afternoon, seeking His Face, and let not your eyes overlook them, desiring the pomp and glitter of the life of the world, and obey not him whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance, and whose affair (deeds) has been lost." (Surat Al-Kahf: 28)


By: Sister Asma bint Shameem




May Allah guide us all in the straight Path,Ameen!!!

Jazak Allahu Khairun,
     M.Imran.

No comments: