DARUL ULOOM DEOBAND A NEWLY FORMED AND PROGRAMED ISLAM
Deoband was found (1880 ) to propagate old sufi ideas in refined way. And to separate themselves from overwhelming popularity of Ahmed Raza Khan, Barelvi (1856--1921). And his the strong sufi ideas.
Deoband was founded by
1) Muhammad Qasim Nanotvi, 1832
2) Muhammad Yaqub Nanautawi,
3) Shah Rafi al-Din,
4) Sayyid Muhammad Abid, 1834
5) Zulfiqar Ali, Shia
6) Fadhl al-Rahman 'Usmani and
7) Rashid Ahmad Gangohi. ( studend fo great sufi Haji Imdadullah Muhaajir Makki)
Haji Imdadullah Muhajir Makki born in Nanauta, the district of Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh, India on December 31, 1817 - October 18, 1899) was an eminent 'Alim, and Chishti Sufi and great saint.
At the age of eighteen, his bay'at was accepted by Shaikh Moulana Nasiruddin Naqshbandi, from whom he learned the various adhkar of the Naqshbandi silsila.
He withdrew himself from the midst of people and wandered in the wilderness of Punjab.
He would refrain from eating for up to eight days.
Finally, after wandering in the wilderness for six months, in 1260 AH, he saw Prophet Muhammad slaws in a dream.
The Deoband follow the
1) Ash'ari (Abu al-Hasan al-Ash'ari 324 AH / 936 AD). and
2) Maturidi (Muhammad Abu Mansur al-Maturidi 853 AD - 333 AH / 944 AD) schools of aqidah.
In fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence) they primarily follow the Hanafi school of law.
In the spiritual science of Tasawwuf or Sufism (science through which one can travel into the presence of the God,)
They follow the
1) Chishti (Abu Ishaq Shami is one of the first among the Sufi Chishti Order to call himself Chisti, from eastern Iran and shiaism)
2) Naqshbandi, (It associated with Md. Baha ad-din an-Naqshabandi, 717 H, claims continuity of linage from Prophet SLAWS )
3) Qadiri (This derives its name from Abdul-Qadir Gilani (1077--1166 CE) and
4) Suhrawardi (well-known Shahab al-Din Suhrawardi "the Executed" 1153 - 1191CE, the Shia founder of Illuminationism ) orders.
They were mainly formed by British and Indian aid, to combat and defend the dangers of pure Islamic ideology of Quran, Sunnah and Jihaad.
Surath Al Baqraa 2 : 216 and 244 Surath Al Hadj 78 and
Sahi Al Buqaree Vol 001, Bk 2, H 025. And Bk 2 and H 24
And the struggle to take back the lost, Muslim status and state and to make Qualifa by Ahle Hadees. or Salafi or Fundamental followers of islam and Nabi E Kareem SLAWS and Sahaba Ikram RA.
It emerged out of the Deobandi sub-school in the Hanafi fiqh, no particular interpretation of Islam has been endorsed since the beginning of movement and they follow sufi islam.
It originated from one the student of Deoband
Muhammad Ilyas al-Kandhlawin in 1926 in Mewat,.
He programed and designed Tabliqee Jamath.
And introduced and stressed on six points.
2) Namaz (Prayer)
3) Ilm and Zikr
For this purpose he followed mainly two books
1) Muhammad Zakariya al-Kandahlawi's Tabliqi Nisab
2) Ashraf Ali Thanvi's Baheshti Zewar.
The movement primarily aims at sufi Islamic spiritual reformation, by working hard and, reaching out to Muslims across all social and economic spectra, to bring them closer to the practices of the Hanafi or sufi school of thought, as above stated.
Molana Ashraf 'Alī Thānwī (August 19, 1863 -- July 4, 1943) was the student of Deoband and a Sunni Hanafi scholar.
He wa the discple of Rashid Ahmad Gangohi. And he of Haji Imdadullah Muhajir Makki
Muhammad Zakarīyyā ibn Muhammad Yahyá ibn Muhammad Ismail al-Kandhlawi (February 3, 1898 -- May 24, 1982) was a studen of Deoband and prominent Sunni Muslim scholar.
He was a nephew of Muhammad Ilyas al-Kandhlawi, the reviver of the Tablighi Jamaat.
Your brother in Islam
~*Syed Ibrahim (Talha)~*
~*Syed Ibrahim (Talha)~*