Sunday, March 20, 2011

Preachers among my People who said what they did not Do![Ibn Qayyim]*Superb Read*

Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah Wa Salatu Wa Salaamu 'ala Rasulullaah

As Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Practice what you Preach. 

Usamah bin Zayd  reported that Anas bin Malik (radiallaahu ta'aala 'anhu) said:-

 "The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) said:-

 'During my Nocturnal journey [the Night of Isra']I passed by some people who were having their lips cut by, scissors of fire. I asked: 'Who are they?' They said:-

Lecturers from your Ummah'

they used to enjoin righteousness on people but forgot to practise it themselves."(2)

Anas (radiallaahu ta'aala 'anhu) also said:-

 

 The Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) said:-

 

 "On the night when I was taken up to Heaven I passed by people whose lips were being cut by scissors of fire. I asked Gabriel who they were and he  told me they were those preachers among my people, who said what they did not do."(3)

 

He (radiallaahu ta'aala 'anhu) also said:-

 

 "The Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) often used to say: 'When I was taken up to heaven I passed by people who had nails of copper and, were scratching their faces and their breasts. I asked: 'Who are these people, O Gabriel?' He replied:-

 

They are those who were given to backbiting and who aspersed people's honour.'"(4)

 

Anas (radiallaahu ta'aala 'anhu) also said:-

 

 "The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) used to say quite frequently:-

 

 'O Turner of the heart, keep me steadfast in your religion.' I said: 'Messenger of Allaah, we do affirm faith in you and in that which you have been sent with, yet despite this, you entertain fear about us.' Whereupon he (salallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) said:-

 

 'Yes. Verily the hearts are between two of the Fingers of Allaah and He turns them as He likes.'"(5)

 

Anas (radiallaahu ta'aala 'anhu) said:-

that the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) said to Jibreel ('alayhi ssallaam):-

 

"Why do I never see Michael laughing? He replied:-

 

 He has never laughed since the Hell-Fire was created.'(6)

 

 

 

Footnotes:

2) Recorded by Ahmad in his Musnad (3/120, 231, 239).

3) Recorded by Ahmad in his Musnad (3/234) and Abu Daawood in the book, "Al-Adab", (chapter 35).

4) Recorded by Ahmad in his Musnad (6/302, 315).

5) Recorded by Ahmad in his Musnad (6/302, 315).

6) Recorded by Ahmad in his Musnad (3/224)

 

Source:-Transcribed from: Spiritual Disease and Its Cure, Ibn Qayyim, rahimahullaah



 My " Salaams " To You All.

 

 

                      Y a s m i n.                           

   "Never Despair Of The Mercy Of Allah"   

 

' Son of Adam! You are nothing but a number of days, whenever each day passes then part of you has Gone.

 

 {Al-Hasan Al-Basree}

 

  


No comments: